Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Kyoto by Tyga Review

Kyoto - Tyga

3/10

Spotify


So I'm not using this album's cover in my review because it's just straight up weird, or racist, or most likely, both. But let's put that aside, because there's way too much terrible music here to waste time talking about the cover.

Oh dear is this album bad. I don't even know where to start.

Okay let's start with the decent part. The production is decent, with nothing inherently wrong with it. It's way too much of the same old beats as in every similar album that's come out in the past 2 years, but it's Tyga so I wasn't expecting much. 

Literally the lyrics to these songs give me headaches. The autotune that Tyga uses on much of this album gives me headaches. Tyga gives me headaches. Writing this review is giving me headaches.

If you want to read some of the worst lyrics from this album, here's an article I found on the 15 worst lines off of this album. https://djbooth.net/features/2018-02-16-tyga-kyoto-worst-lyrics

I don't know why I listened to this album. Don't torture yourself. Stay away from this one.

Favorite Track - Temperature

Least Favorite Tracks - King Of The Jungle, Ja Rule & Ashanti, U Cry

Thank you all for reading! And as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!