Sunday, January 7, 2018

My Top 20 1/7/18

My Top 20 Of The Week!

1/7/17

Listen on Spotify!


I update this playlist weekly to show you guys what I've been listening to, so be sure to follow the playlist to listen before the blog goes up! I will go through the list here and talk about the songs in detail as we get farther down the list.

Rules- Only 1 song per artist (But can be featured on another song, just can't be the main artist.)



#20.  Most People Are Good - Luke Bryan

New song to my list, very cheesy but I still love to listen to this song on my way to work

#19. Finesse (Remix) - Bruno Mars + Cardi B

New song to my list, Cardi B starts this song off on such a good note that you can feel how much fun they had making this.

#18. Weight Of The World - Jon Bellion + Blaque Keyz

A Jon Bellion song has been on my list for months now, everything he does is so special and he's one of my favorite artists.

#17. I Fall Apart - Post Malone

The most well known song on my list, very relatable and it feels very real in a way that most artists fail to pull off successfully.

#16. K. - Rosie Carney

New song, you can truly feel the emotion in this song and it's something special. I think this song will stay on this list for a while

#15. Grave - Thomas Rhett

Thomas Rhett's album, Life Changes, was one of my albums of the year for 2017, so a song from this album has been on this playlist for a long time.

#14. If You Need To, Keep Time On Me - Fleet Foxes

I was very late on the Fleet Foxes new album, Crack-Up, but let me tell you better late than never. This album and especially this song is so expertly done.

#13. Goodbye - Echosmith

Rediscovering Echosmith late last year was such a great decision. I loved their old music and I love the new music they're putting out lately as well!

#12. Just You and I - Tom Walker

This song hasn't fallen off my playlist since August of last year, making it the longest lasting song on my Top 20. I connect with this song and it's very special to me.

#11. Lights Down Low - MAX + Gnash

The 2nd song that has been on the radio on my playlist, I love the chill vibe in the beginning of this song, and Gnash is my favorite artist, so it's a no-brainer why this is on my list.

#10. cold door handles - Idealism

Coming from my album of the month last month, this song is my favorite off of the Nobody Else EP. Such a nice song to relax after a long day.

#9. Ballad Of The Dying Man - Father John Misty

Like with Fleet Foxes, Father John Misty's album, Pure Comedy, is a masterpiece that I was very late on finding out about. This whole album is worth a listen, but this song is ESPECIALLY worth your time. Trust me.

#8. Craig - Walker Hayes

This song, from the first time I listened to it, struck me as really special. I love how organic and real this song is, and it made me tear up the first few times I listened to it.

#7. I just need U - TobyMac

New song, very catchy chorus got me stuck on this song and I haven't gotten it out of my head since. Highly recommend it.

#6. b song by Analogue Dear - San Holo + Analogue Dear

My current favorite instrumental song, with so much emotion packed into this song it's something everyone should have the chance to hear.

#5. Stargazing - Gnash + Vancouver Sleep Clinic

When you put two of my favorite artists together, you get a song that was #1 on this list and still hasn't left the top 10.

#4. Better Than I Used To Be - Mat Kearney + AFSHeeN

One of my favorite songs to show all of my friends, this song starts off very calm and collected and never ventures into too extreme of electronics, staying contained and letting Mat Kearney's voice and the superb production on this track take center stage.

#3. This Time Around - Citizen Shade + Neon Feather

Citizen Shade's singer's voice is so unique and fits the song perfectly, creating a surprise hit for me, coming out of nowhere to become one of my new favorite songs and best singles of the month.

#2. If You Leave Me Now - Charlie Puth + Boyz II Men

This song and collaboration is something I didn't know I wanted so badly until I heard it was a thing. From the first harmonies I knew this song was going to be phenomenal. It has so many beautiful moments and feels very real and personal throughout, and I think this song will be on this list for some time to come.

#1. Someone To Stay - Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Vancouver Sleep Clinic is an artist I am so glad I researched after listening to Stargazing (which is ranked #5 on this list). But even I didn't think a song of theirs would turn out to be my favorite song, beating out an all-acapella song with Boyz II Men! But this song has. It has impacted me in a very personal way, and I feel connected to this song in a way that won't be disappearing anytime soon. Give this song a listen. It'll surprise you. 


Thank you all for reading! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment, and subscribe to this blog and my spotify playlist so you can listen to all of these songs! Spotify

As always, This is Kenny Haller, Over and Out.