Friday, March 2, 2018

All At Once by Screaming Females Review

All At Once - Screaming Females

7.5/10

Spotify


I'm quite upset I didn't know about this group before this album. I need to go back and listen to their previous albums after hearing this record, because it's a record I really enjoyed. And I really want to just hear more.

The only big flaw this album has, as far as I'm concerned, is that it's a bit to long. It could've been tweaked and refined so that every track was extremely good, instead of there being songs that end up being let downs. In particular, the song Chamber For Sleep (Part 2) offers nothing new in comparison to the part one of the track, and could be cut all together without losing anything from the experiences of this project.

Most of the album, however, is really freaking good. I'll Make You Sorry is a song that immediately stuck out to me, and has been pretty firmly stuck in my head since listening to it. It's a pop punk song on an album that's not a pop punk album, and somehow it fits in really well and adds to the overall experience.

This whole album is just a great experience and I highly recommend it!

Favorite Tracks: I'll Make You Sorry, Glass House, Bird In Space

Least Favorite Tracks: Chamber For Sleep (Part Two), Agnes Martin

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think, and as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!