Thursday, January 11, 2018

Artist Spotlight: Jon Bellion

Artist Spotlight: Jon Bellion


Jon Bellion is an artist that was born and grew up near me, with him growing up in Lake Grove, New York. As such, I have heard of him and his music for a long time before he starting gaining serious traction. However, I never took the time to listen to all of his music until last year, and let me tell you I'm so glad I did. You can feel the passion and emotion in every song he makes. His most recent album, The Human Condition, is still to this day one of my favorite complete albums. I highly recommend checking out that entire album, and his others as well! I made a Spotify playlist with my Top 10 songs by him / songs he is featured in. Check it out! Spotify

#10 - All Time Low (The Human Condition)

The hit song that took him to a whole different level. For good reason, as it is a great song that's just fun to listen to!

#9 - Beautiful Now (True Colors) - Zedd ft. Jon Bellion

This is the first song Jon was in that I listened to, and to this day I still love it. If it wasn't for this song I don't know if I would've ever discovered him!

#8 - Dead Man Walking (Translations Through Speakers)

This song is just so much fun. You can tell he had a blast writing it and there's something special about hearing someone have a great time doing what they love.

#7 - Woke The F*ck Up (The Human Condition)

On the opposite end of the spectrum as the last song, there's something special about being able to feel the emotion and realness that the artist is performing with. Realness is the main thing i'd use to describe him.

#6 - Jim Morrison (The Separation) 

Anthem. It's an anthem for himself and it's just really, REALLY good.

#5 - Paper Planes (Translations Through Speakers)

Jon has this amazing ability to create the exact mood he needs for any song. In this song he shows how he can make even the saddest song have an interesting background. You just feel it.

#4 - Simple & Sweet (The Definition)

It's just what it says it is. Simple and Sweet. Unless things get complicated ;)

#3 - Hand Of God [Outro] (The Human Condition)

One of, if not THE greatest outro I've ever heard. It's a completely original song that so effortlessly incorporates the rest of the album into it by the end of this 5+ minute masterpiece.

#2 - Run Wild (The Definition)   

The first song that REALLY got me into Jon Bellion. I feel this song on a very personal level and I feel like most people can connect with it in some way. Highly recommend.

#1 - Guillotine (The Human Condition) ft. Travis Mendes

"I know that you love me, love me, even when I lose my head: Guillotine"

This song is so pretty and wants to make you jump out of your seat and dance at the same time. It's honestly fantastic. The dark twisted love chorus is truly a work of art. Just go listen!

Thank you all for reading! Feel free to leave a comment and subscribe, new blogs always coming soon!

And as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out.