Friday, February 16, 2018

Future by Don Diablo Review

Future - Don Diablo

4/10

Spotify


This album has it's moments where it's fun and exciting to listen to, but all too often it falls into the same repetitive loop over and over again. 

Take Her Place is the culmination of what I was hoping this album would be. An original idea and a song that sounds fresh on this record and in the music scene in general. I love this song. It's just fun to listen to. And i wish there was more of that on this record.

Too much of this album sounds generic and uninspired. With the same structure song after song with similar or just strange drops that don't fit with the song. I wish there was some more variety on this album, because it desperately needs it. I feel like I've heard every possible drop and song he is capable of well before the album is over. I hope in the future he experiments more, like what he did at the end of the album with Echoes. It would go a long way towards making a complete album stay fresh.

Favorite Tracks - Take Your Place, Echoes, Reflections

Least Favorite Tracks - Everybody's Somebody, Don't Let Go, You Can't Change Me

Thank you all for reading! Let me know what you guys think about this album, and as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!