Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Story Of Us by Quinn XCII Review

The Story Of Us (Deluxe) - Quinn XCII

6.5/10

Spotify


An album I heard a lot about from my friends but never got to listening, Quinn XCII has released a deluxe version to his album originally released in September. And I understand why my friends would talk about this album. It's enjoyable. It's quite enjoyable for relaxed mindless listening.

That being said, there's plenty to not like about this project, too. For one, there's not many risks taken on this project, creating songs that end up blending with each other in musical ideas as well as lyrical ideas. There's not a big message connecting his music on the project, just simple songs about relationships.

That being said, I still enjoyed this project quite a bit. I felt like the grooves on many tracks were nice and made the music easy and interesting to listen to. I recommend this album, there's a lot to love.

Favorite Tracks - Flare Guns, One Day At A Time, Straightjacket, Tourist

Least Favorite Tracks - Iron & Steel, Fake Denim

Thank you all for reading! Let me know what you guys think, and as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!