Thursday, February 15, 2018

Broken Stay Open Sky by Red River Dialect Review


Broken Stay Open Sky - Red River Dialect

7.5/10

Spotify


I don't even know how I started listening to this album, but I'm sure glad that I did. This album was such a treat to listen to, and you can hear the emotion coming from the group in every note they play. I was captivated by every second of these songs with VERY few exceptions.

Juniper/The View is just beautiful. The opening to this song is just fantastic and I can't stop re-listening to this song. The guitars in this song and just the entire record are something you need to listen to yourself. And I love the transition into the second half of this song. Just everything about this is fantastic please go listen.

And that just continues throughout. I could go on about all of these songs for paragraphs each, but I think you all get the idea by now. So I wanna talk about the importance of the production, or lack of overproduction, on this record. The sitting around a campfire jam session you feel like you're a part of while listening to this record is a big part of why it's a big hit with me. If it had been produced more heavily, it may have lost that touch of intimacy that makes it special.

Give this album a listen. I hope you can get a similar feeling to the overwhelming joy I got listening to this record.

Favorite Tracks - Juniper/The View, Kukkuripa, Cinders

Least Favorite Track - Gull Rock

Thank you all for reading! Let me know what you think, and as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!

www.kennyhalleronline.com