Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Encore by Anderson East Review

Encore - Anderson East

8/10

Spotify


The First Must Listen To Album of 2018.


I'm stalling writing this review. I don't want to move on to listening to something else to review it. I LOVE this album. I am so glad I listened to this album, and you will be too. There are so many moments where I would be driving with this on and just think "wow" these past few days. It's truly incredible.

House is a Building is one of the many songs on this album i find myself going back to time and time again. One of the first real special moments is on the chorus of this song.


"If life is a lesson, love is an action

If pain is a weapon, sorrow's attraction
If you got our heartbeat, you know you got me
If a house is a building, home is a feeling"

He delivers this line in a way that makes you feel at home, like you're safe. There's so many of these moments on this project, where you feel what the artist is trying to convey on a deeper, more personal level.

His vocal performance on this album is top notch. Every song he sounds like he's putting his all into, and it adds to this album's realness. The production at a couple points is questionable but for the most part is really well done.

This is an album you need to experience for yourself. Do yourself a favor and listen.

Favorite Songs - House is a Building, All On My Mind, This Too Shall Last, Somebody Pick Up My Pieces, Girlfriend

Least Favorite Song - Sorry You're Sick

And as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!