Friday, March 2, 2018

Nation Of Two by Vance Joy Review

Nation Of Two - Vance Joy

5/10

Spotify


There's something incredible, but also terrible, about an album that does everything you expect it too musical. Like, you can predict everything that's gonna happen in this album before it happens in the song with any musical knowledge. And, it works in a way. It's very pleasant sounding. But after a while, it gets to be way too much.

I don't know whether I enjoy the beginning of this album more than the end is because of the fact that the songs are better, or I'm just not as sick of predicting entire songs in the beginning. But either way, I enjoyed the first 3 or 4 songs on this album without thinking too much about what was happening. Then when it sunk in that everything was so predictable, it instantly became much less pleasant and much more of a chore to listen to.

So I really don't know what to make of this record. That's why I gave it a 5. Because it's not a terrible project. It's just way too predictable. Is that a bad thing? For me yes, but not for everyone. And there are undeniable really good moments on this album. If you're in the mood for some new music, you should give this album a listen.

Favorite Tracks: Lay It On Me, Like Gold

Least Favorite Tracks: Bonnie & Clyde, Crashing Into You

What did you guys think? Let me know! And as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!