Sunday, January 21, 2018

To Imagine EP by The Neighbourhood Album Review



To Imagine EP - The Neighbourhood

6.5/10

Spotify


This new project by The Neighbourhood has 2 fantastic songs, a really good song, and 2 decent but forgettable ones.

Scary Love is a song that I find myself playing all the time. It's catchy beat and memorable big chorus is something that keeps me coming back time and time again. It's one of my favorite songs and I can't recommend it enough to people who enjoy electro pop.

Stuck With Me is a song that starts slow and draws you in and then builds to this ultra-catchy song that seems like it has 2 choruses, with both of them being stuck in your head by the end of the song. Great song that really hits you while still being a song to dance to.

Heaven just feels weird, but in a great way, if that makes any sense at all. It has this eerie introduction that sets a mood for the song that, like the other two songs I've talked about, keep you intrigued and engaged with the song.

Dust and Compass, while by no means bad songs, lack that sense of engagement that the other songs provide, and I find them to be forgettable.

This project is very short, which is one of my only real problems with the record. If there's only 5 songs on the album, I feel like there needs to be five amazing songs to make it worthy of a high rating. However, this project is definitely worth a listen, and with it's short length, doesn't require a lot of time to give it a try!

Thank you all for reading, and as always, this is Kenny Haller, over and out!